Contemporary is a style of dance that stands out for its expressive movements and unique storytelling concepts. Contemporary dance is a blend of many other dance genres including ballet, lyrical, modern, jazz, and even hip hop. Contemporary dancers strive to connect their mind and body through movements. Contemporary Fusion classes at CRDA are taught with intention to provide an expressive and emotional outlet, build self confidence, and improve spacial awareness, strength, critical & creative thinking, and teamwork. Each class is formatted to build off of dancer’s natural strengths, helping them tap into their creativity and develop their own artistic flavor! Warmup in Center, Stretch, Progressions in Center, Across the Floor Progressions and Improvisation forms the framework of class.
All classes are streamed by age and ability. As our students and studio grows, so will our roster of classes! Additional classes/levels of ability will be added as we move forward.
- Ages 8 – 11 Contemporary Fusion (A) Thursdays, 5:00 – 5:50
- Ages 12 – 15 Contemporary Fusion (B) Thursdays, 5:00 – 5:50
To find out what class is the perfect fit for your dancer, feel free to contact us and schedule a free trial class!
What to wear
We encourage unity among our students with a dress code specific to each class. By keeping to a dress code, we’ve found that students are freer to concentrate on the class and the instruction given, and share a greater sense of solidarity among their peers. Our Contemporary Fusion classes follow this standard while still allowing for creative expression and individuality. A CRDA logo leotard or biketard and all other required dance-wear can be purchased through our CRDA boutique in the studio. Contact us to schedule the best time to have your dancer measured and fitted for new dance-wear.
What to Bring
- Water in a spill proof bottle
- Snacks are allowed before or after class. However, no food or drinks are allowed on the dance floor.
- Dance sweaters and warmups are recommended during the colder months to wear over their dance clothes.
- Have your child keep a dance bag to carry dance shoes and essentials to and from classes.