Upbeat, stylized movements that burst with fun and flare perfectly describes jazz dance! These combination classes pair proper jazz and tap technique in a lively atmosphere where confidence and creativity can thrive! Class consists of Warmup, Isolation, Stretching, Across the Floor Progressions and current choreography, all set to upbeat, age appropriate music. Every class is taught with the goal to build confidence and self expression while passing on the unique heritage of this fun-loving art form! Students are helped to develop their talent, technique and creativity in a positive environment!
All classes are streamed by age and ability. As our students and studio grows, so will our roster of classes! Additional classes/levels of technique will be added to our program as we move forward.
- Ages 8 – 11 Jazz & Tap (A) Thursdays, 4:00 – 4:50
To find out what class is the perfect fit for your dancer, feel free to contact us and schedule a free trial class!
What to wear
We encourage unity among our students with a dress code specific to each class. By keeping to a dress code, we’ve found that students are freer to concentrate on the class and the instruction given, and share a greater sense of solidarity with their peers. Our jazz & tap classes follow that standard while still allowing for creative expression and individuality. A CRDA logo leotard or biketard and all other required dance-wear can be purchased through our CRDA boutique in the studio. Contact us to schedule the best time to have your dancer measured and fitted for new dance-wear.
What to bring
- Water in a spill proof bottle
- Snacks are allowed before or after class. However, no food or drinks are allowed on the dance floor.
- Dance sweaters and warmups are recommended during the colder months to wear over their dance clothes.
- Have your dancer keep a dance bag to carry dance shoes and other essentials to and from classes.